WHYY Events Calendar
- December 4: Downton Abbey Gala at Aldie Mansion Join us for a night you won’t forget, you’ll have the chance to sip on 1920's cocktails, listen to live music perfect for the period and enjoy a luxurious Downton Abbey inspired three-course dinner by Jeffery Miller Catering.
- December 6: Snacks with Curious George at the Reading Public Museum Thanks to a new exhibit at The Reading Public Museum, George’s imaginary world is brought to life. “Curious” fans can explore George’s Apartment, the Sidewalk Produce Stand and the Construction Site.
- December 10, 11, 15: Downton Abbey Preview Screenings Come dressed in your Downton Abbey attire and take photos with life-size characater cutouts. Light refreshments will be served as we preview the season six premiere episode before it airs on January 3.
- December 13: Zahav: A World of Israeli Cooking - A Conversation and Tasting Savor the tastes of Israel, straight from the kitchen of James Beard Award-winning chef Michael Solomonov. At his landmark Philadelphia restaurant, Zahav, Solomonov has built a reputation for unique cuisine that represents his homeland.
- December 15: Radio Times on the Road with Jennifer Weiner and Lisa Scottoline Get to know two of the Philadelphia area’s most prominent female novelists, Lisa Scottoline and Jennifer Weiner, when they sit down for a novelist roundtable with Marty Moss-Coane.
- December 16: 2015 Holiday Tribbilee: The Force Hiccups Join us for a celebration of Star Wars, and quirky look at the infamous 1978 Star Wars Holiday Special. Sit-in for a live recording of the podcast with special guests Derrick Pitts, host of Skytalk and Chief Astronomer at The Franklin Institute, and singer/songwriter Rachael Rota with Star Trek inspired music.
- January 14: Mercy Street Preview Screening and Presentation Catch the premiere of the latest PBS Drama Mercy Street at WHYY Studios. We’ll transport you back to the period with a presentation about the history of the Civil War as well as an in-person peek at medical artifacts from the era.
- Indie Lens Pop-Up Screenings
This winter and spring WHYY brings a series of documentary films from the PBS series Independent Lens into the community for discussion. Register for a free screening:
• Jan. 6 at the Pyramid Club in Philadelphia
• Jan. 9 at the Colonial Theatre in Phoenixville
• Jan. 28 at Stockton College in Galloway
About WHYY Events
Each year, WHYY hosts over 80 events connecting you to the best that public media and the region have to offer, including meet-and-greet opportunities with your favorite public media personalities like Ira Glass, Terry Gross, Jim Lehrer and yes, Cookie Monster; film screenings; political and policy forums; concerts; PBS Kids character parties; and much, much more.
WHYY members have access to special Member-only events and opportunities, and receive free or discounted admission to all other WHYY events. Also, with the WHYY Member Card, WHYY members receive 2-for-1 admission and other great discounts at a wide variety of the region's museums; cultural, educational and family-friendly organizations; performing arts and theater venues; and more! Visit WHYY's Member Card Partner Page for the full list.
Not a member? Join today and start taking advantage of these great benefits!
Stay up to date with news that matters most to you! Sign up for free to receive any of our newsletters!