WHYY Events Calendar
- February 11: Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution A new revolutionary culture emerged in the turbulent 1960s, and the Black Panther Party was at the front. Join WHYY and The Pyramid Club for a special screening and thought-provoking conversation about Stanley Nelson's latest film.
- Indie Lens Pop-Up Screenings
This winter and spring WHYY brings a series of documentary films from the PBS series Independent Lens into the community for discussion. Register for a free screening:
• Feb. 13 at the Colonial Theatre in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
- February 12: 'Trial By Jury: The Case of The N-Word' Premiere Reception and Screening Following an abbreviated trial and sequestered jury deliberation, the live audience participates in an interactive open forum, espousing a full spectrum of perspectives.
- February 23: Voices in the Family: Cultivating Compassion for Aging Explore ways to appreciate and honor the aging process with WHYY's Dr. Dan Gottlieb and Rabbi Dayle Friedman, as they help us understand the psychological and spiritual issues at play in this sensitive issue.
- March 6: Downton Abbey Finale Screening at WHYY Studios After six-seasons, the beloved Masterpiece series that we all treasure is finally coming to an end. Join WHYY for the ultimate farewell event: a tea-time reception followed by an early screening of the final episode on our theater-sized HD screen.
- March 13: Arthur at Elmwood Park Zoo Meet WHYY-TV star Arthur Read at the Elmwood Park Zoo! Arthur the aardvark is taking a vacation from Elwood City to visit his fans in Norristown. After you are done discussing your favorite books with Arthur, enjoy the festivities during the zoo’s annual “Read Across America” celebration.
- March 15: Serial Discussion & Happy Hour Award winning NPR News correspondent Quil Lawrence will host a discussion about Serial's second season, and we’ll learn more from a panel of experts about Bergdahl's capture, the status of his case, military law and the experience of captivity.
- March 18: Upstairs and Downstairs: The Lives of Victorian Women in Philadelphia This award-winning tour will give you an insider’s view of the lives of Philadelphia’s Victorian elite. Step back in time to discover the challenges and enjoyments of women across all socioeconomic levels with a Downton Abbey-inspired twist.
- April 2: Best of the Chefs: Brunch Edition This two-hour tasting will feature an array of local area restaurants and businesses who will be serving up their best brunch bites for a chance to win the honor of being crowned the "Best of the Chefs" by you and your fellow event attendees.
About WHYY Events
Each year, WHYY hosts over 80 events connecting you to the best that public media and the region have to offer, including meet-and-greet opportunities with your favorite public media personalities like Ira Glass, Terry Gross, Jim Lehrer and yes, Cookie Monster; film screenings; political and policy forums; concerts; PBS Kids character parties; and much, much more.
WHYY members have access to special Member-only events and opportunities, and receive free or discounted admission to all other WHYY events. Also, with the WHYY Member Card, WHYY members receive 2-for-1 admission and other great discounts at a wide variety of the region's museums; cultural, educational and family-friendly organizations; performing arts and theater venues; and more! Visit WHYY's Member Card Partner Page for the full list.
Not a member? Join today and start taking advantage of these great benefits!
Stay up to date with news that matters most to you! Sign up for free to receive any of our newsletters!