WHYY Events Calendar
- WHYY Event Series: WHYY Celebrates The Democratic National Convention The spotlight will be on Philadelphia as we welcome leaders from all over the United States for the Democratic National Convention (DNC). Along with the convention attendees, your favorite programs, hosts and reporters are also coming to town to cover the action.
- WHYY Event Series: WHYY Free Family Friendly Events Each year, WHYY offers free family-friendly events for our members where kids can meet their favorite PBS characters, and families can enjoy free tickets to a museum or dance together at a live concert. Keep an eye on this page for special offers just for you.
- WHYY Member Exclusive: Discounted Sesame Place Tickets WHYY is offering an exclusive ticket discount to our members. Check out the whirling rides, splashy water slides, toe-tapping shows starring everyone's favorite furry friends and the new Neighborhood Birthday Party Parade. Tickets expire in January of 2017.
- July 12: Dishing DNC: A Tasting Curated by Night Market Rub shoulders with local political leaders and get an insider's perspective on the Philly foods that our politicians are excited to share with their peers when the Democratic National Convention comes to town.
- July 14: Senator Barbara Boxer in Conversation U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer has made her mark on United States history, combining compassionate advocacy with scrappiness in a political career spanning more than three decades. She'll share her reflections on a life of public service and predictions for the future of the Democratic Party with our own Katie Colaneri.
- July 15: KidChella Join WHYY and enjoy Smith Playground's annual kids music festival in the Playground. Enjoy a live concert with Shine and the Moonbeams and Moona Luna. Be sure to show us your WHYY Member Card at the WHYY table for prizes and giveaways.
- July 24: NPR Happy Hour Mingle with your favorite NPR politicos and enjoy a variety of brews while listening to their insights. You'll get a behind the scenes look of what it is like to cover the Democratic National Convention.
- July 28: Breakfast with David Greene After he hosts Morning Edition from the WHYY studios, NPR's David Greene will join us for breakfast and an intimate opportunity to chat.
- August 6: Curious George WHYY I Like This Book Pop-Up Listen to a special story from your favorite monkey Curious George, and tell WHYY about your favorite book for a chance to be featured on the TV as a part of WHYY I Like this Book. Explore the natural world at the four-acre interactive Camden Children's Garden.
- August 10: Rabia Chaudry & the PA Innocence Project In 2014, the podcast Serial enthralled millions of listeners as it explored the case of Adnan Syed—and inspired discussions about possible problems with our criminal justice system. But without Rabia Chaudry, Serial may have never happened. Though Adnan Syed was convicted of murdering his ex-girlfriend Hae Min Lee, Rabia believes he is innocent.
About WHYY Events
Each year, WHYY hosts over 80 events connecting you to the best that public media and the region have to offer, including meet-and-greet opportunities with your favorite public media personalities like Ira Glass, Terry Gross, Jim Lehrer and yes, Cookie Monster; film screenings; political and policy forums; concerts; PBS Kids character parties; and much, much more.
WHYY members have access to special Member-only events and opportunities, and receive free or discounted admission to all other WHYY events. Also, with the WHYY Member Card, WHYY members receive 2-for-1 admission and other great discounts at a wide variety of the region's museums; cultural, educational and family-friendly organizations; performing arts and theater venues; and more! Visit WHYY's Member Card Partner Page for the full list.
Not a member? Join today and start taking advantage of these great benefits!
Stay up to date with news that matters most to you! Sign up for free to receive any of our newsletters!