WHYY-TV: Where you go to know
News when you need it. Entertainment when you want it. Education when it counts. WHYY brings the world right into the living room through a lineup of trusted, high-quality television programs. WHYY-TV may be viewed on WHYY 12.1, Comcast 812 and FiOS 512, and its Y2 channel is WHYY 12.2, Comcast Channel 257 and FiOS 474 and Y Info channel, WHYY 12.3, Comcast 258 and FiOS 473.
Behind the Theremin: Making Music Out of Thin Air
The latest from WHYY's TV programming
- Simply Divine Friday Arts — The Divine Hand Ensemble was founded by Mano Divina who is world renowned for his performances on the theremin. The theremin is the world's first electronic instrument ever invented, and remains to this day the only instrument that is played without any physical contact from the musician.
- Vera Farmiga and Dax Shepard for the "The Judge" Flicks — Vera Farmiga and Dax Shepard talk with Patrick Stoner about working with Downey & Duvall on "The Judge."
- Graduation Recital by Yi Fei Fu, Percussion On Stage at Curtis — A graduation recital by Yi Fei Fu, percussion. Yi Fei hails from Chongqing, China, was a student of Don Liuzzi and Robert Van Sice, and entered Curtis in 2008. Her program: Kevin Volans: She Who Sleeps with a Small Blanket Kevin Volans is a contemporary composer, [...]
- Pine Leaf Boys On Tour — Four time Grammy nominated band is known for playing traditional Cajun and Creole music from Southwest Louisiana, inspired by bands dating from the 1920s. Leader Wilson Savoy, explains why it's important to preserve the culture through a contemporary flair.
- First for Friday, October 24, 2014 First — Vaccine debate, A.I. families at duPont Hospital for Children, Green Party candidate for Attorney General Catherine Damavandi, outlook for Republicans on November 4, The Poison Candy Murders.
- Featured Artists: Barbara and Larry Domsky, John Gurche, Fenix Dance and Drum and 12 Years a Slave ArtWorks — Discover the true story behind an academy-award winning biopic, meet a couple bound together by art, watch an artist bring the prehistoric age back to life, and see a performance troupe dancing to a different beat.