WHYY-TV: Where you go to know
News when you need it. Entertainment when you want it. Education when it counts. WHYY brings the world right into the living room through a lineup of trusted, high-quality television programs. WHYY-TV may be viewed on WHYY 12.1, Comcast 812 and FiOS 512, and its Y2 channel is WHYY 12.2, Comcast Channel 257 and FiOS 474 and Y Info channel, WHYY 12.3, Comcast 258 and FiOS 473.
Watch: Downton Abbey Season 4, Episode 8
The latest from WHYY's TV programming
- Vote Now! Public Media Madness: PBS vs. NPR It's time for a little MADNESS: PBS- and NPR-style! Who is the greatest and most dominant personality in all of public media? A King or Queen will be crowned, but only if made possible by support from voters like YOU!
- Avance Friday Arts — Avance is French for advance. And advance is what Chef Justin Bogle and Avance Restaurant plan to do. Avance is located at 1523 Walnut Street, an address formally occupied by Georges Perrier and famed Le Bec-Fin. Bogle and his team knew they could not open a "Le Bec-Fin 3.0"
- Emily Browning and Kit Harrington for "Pompeii" Flicks — Emily Browning and Kit Harrington talk with Patrick Stoner about what life was like in the ancient Roman era around "Pompeii".
- Graduation Recital by Cellist Jeong Hyaun Lee On Stage at Curtis — A graduation recital by cellist Jeong Hyoun Lee. A native of Seong Nam, Korea, Jeong studied with Carter Brey and Peter Wiley; she spent a good deal of her young life at Curtis, having entered in 2002. Her program: Falla: Siete canciones populares españolas [...]
- The Waterboys On Canvas — The Waterboys band, lead by Mike Scott, is said to defy genre. With influences of Celtic, folk and rock, Scott insists on keeping the band's songwriting fresh with creative new ideas and explosive instrumentation. In this episode, we learn about the realization of a 20 year dream.
- First for Friday, February 28, 2014 First — Wilmington's mayor continues to look for a new police chief, Delaware's student dropout rate is down, the Wilmington Library enjoys its renovations, Brother Ronald Gionnone helps the city's poor, and the Hotel du Pont turns 100.
- Featured Artists: Kasia Billhartz, Albert Frey, "One Chance", & Downton Abbey Fashion ArtWorks — In this edition of Artworks, fashion illustrates the passing of time, fire sparks creativity, a profile of the man and the house behind Desert Modernism, and an opera singer gets the chance of a lifetime.