So many ways to stay connected
Engaging the community is a paramount goal to WHYY. Increasingly more each day, WHYY utilizes mobile and social media to connect with its community. Tools such as podcasting and RSS and the capabilities to stream WHYY-TV and WHYY-FM programs on mobile devices such as an iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad can help you keep up to date with your favorite shows anytime, anywhere. Also be sure to explore our latest Facebook posts, Twitter tweets and YouTube videos. The guide below offers a snapshot of the services WHYY offers.
Podcasting and RSS
With WHYY's podcasts, you can take your favorite programs with you — on the train, in the car, on the bus, while jogging, biking or anywhere your portable media device can go.
- Arts Shuffle — A weekly round-up of what's happening in the arts around the Philadelphia area
- Fresh Air with Terry Gross — Listen to one of public radio's most popular programs
- NewsWorks Tonight — A showcase of the best reporting and storytelling from WHYY's journalists.
- The Pulse — Stories at the heart of health, science and innovation
- Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane — Discussing issues that affect your life and the world
- Skytalk — A weekly discussion of what's new and interesting in astronomy
- Voices in the Family — Dr. Dan Gottlieb discusses personality, psychology, and relationships
- You Bet Your Garden — Mike McGrath offers fiercely organic advice to gardeners far and wide
Watch WHYY on Your iPhone™ and iPad™
Enjoy WHYY content anytime and anywhere. With the PBS iPhone and iPad apps you can watch the most popular and current WHYY programs free and with minimal interruption. The apps feature more than 1000 videos, including full-length episodes, segments and previews with new content updated daily.
Need help? Visit our FAQ page for step-by-step instructions for this app.
Public Radio Player iPhone™ App
Listen to WHYY-FM on your iPhone and iPod Touch with the Public Radio Player iPhone application. WHYY-FM and many other public radio stations are all available to stream on your iPhone or iPod Touch when you install the free Public Radio Player application from the iTunes App Store. Download »
Need help? Visit our FAQ page for step-by-step instructions.