WHYY is located at 150 N. Sixth Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106. Please see the Directions/Parking page for driving directions and public transportation information. WHYY does not have a parking lot. Street parking is available in the neighborhood, as well as several parking garages. Please visit philapark.org for garage information and a parking locator tool.
Plan to arrive during the time window printed on your confirmation letter. You may not enter prior to the time window on your confirmation letter. Attendees MUST sign a WAIVER and bring it with them in order to enter the event.
Upon arrival, attendees will see a generalist appraiser who will assess their item and assign them to a specialist appraiser. Some appraiser tables may be busier than other and attendees should be prepared to wait. This is the first time WHYY is hosting Antique-a-Palooza. While we will make every effort to minimize lines, attendees should wear comfortable shoes and come prepared to wait. Business cards of the appraisers will be made available as you exit the event.
- Do I have to have an item for appraisal to attend Antique-a-Palooza?
- If you really want to attend an appraisal fair without something to be appraised - you're welcome to it. But, we think you'll have a much better time finding out what that old item of yours is worth!
- What does the time on my confirmation letter mean?
- We are using timed tickets in an effort to avoid long lines. Please plan to arrive during the time window on your ticket, you will not be permitted to enter WHYY before the time listed on your ticket.
- Where can I park?
- WHYY does not have a parking lot. Street parking is available in the neighborhood, as well as several parking garages. Please visit philapark.org for garage information and a parking locator tool.
- What type of item may I bring?
- Freeman's appraisers are experts in a wide variety of categories including fine art, decorative objects, fine jewelry and watches, books, manuscripts, photographs, rugs, pop culture, dolls and toys, sports memorabilia, and more. Weapons and collections of items are prohibited.
- Are any specific items prohibited?
- WHYY is located within a National Park and no weapons of any kind will be permitted on site. Additionally, collections of items, including coins and stamps, will not be eligible for appraisal at Antique-a-Palooza, as our appraisers will not have time to assess the contents of a collection. Please limit your item to just that – a single item.
- How long is the wait to see an appraiser?
- Wait times will depend on the number of guests and types of items at any given time. We are making every effort to minimize lines during this inaugural event, however, attendees should wear comfortable shoes and come prepared to wait.
- What do I do if I need help carrying my item?
- Bring a smaller item! Seriously, though, assistance will NOT be available to carry or transport your item so be sure you can manage carrying, and potentially waiting in line with, your item on your own.
- How can I contact an appraiser?
- Business cards for all appraisers will be available as you exit the event.
- Will the event be broadcast?
- We will be capturing video footage and photos during the event, but have no plans to broadcast the event at this time.
- Why do I need to sign a waiver to enter?
- As a member-funded, not for profit organization, WHYY can't afford to replace your priceless antique. Everyone who attends Antique-a-Palooza must submit a signed waiver before entering. If your item is damaged or broken while on WHYY's property, neither WHYY, Freeman's, or any other event partner will be held liable.
- Will there be security at the event?
- Yes, WHYY will have extra security in place during Antique-a-Palooza.