WHYY serves southern Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey and all of Delaware with news, information, education and arts and culture content. An ambitious schedule of local productions complements the national and global programming from PBS, NPR and other sources. WHYY productions are available wherever and whenever you need — on TV, radio, the Web and mobile devices.
Tune in for original WHYY-TV and WHYY-FM programs as well as explore WHYY.org and NewsWorks.org. These platforms bring into focus the Delaware Valley news and information that matters and arts and culture treasures that thrill.
Locally Produced WHYY-TV Programming
- First First is Delaware's public media newsmagazine. Each Friday night at 5:30 and 11, WHYY explores issues ranging from our economy and education to the arts and culture that make up the First State. Meet interesting newsmakers in the "First Person" segment and review headlines of the week with "State of Play."
- Flicks Each week, WHYY film critic Patrick Stoner provides coverage of top films, stars and moviemakers. Stoner's signature programs — the three-minute Flicks, captures interviews with the stars, and the one-minute Quick Pics, offers the week's "best bets" — are broadcast on dozens of PBS stations nationwide each week.
- Friday Arts Friday Arts is a 30-minute arts, culture and entertainment magazine that features three segments: "Art," "Art of Life" and "Art of Food." Friday Arts casts a light on some of Philadelphia's best-kept secrets in the arts. The program is broadcast at 8:30 Friday nights.
- On Canvas: On Stage and Behind the Curtain On Canvas offers compelling stories about the region's diverse cultural life. Every week, the series introduces audiences to a new performing arts experience selected from the region's rich cultural landscape. Watch on WHYY-TV every Thursday at 10 p.m.
- On Stage at Curtis Experience student recitals by today's finest young classical musicians on the stage of Field Concert Hall at the Curtis Institute of Music. On Stage at Curtis airs each Sunday at 6 p.m. on WHYY-TV with additional airings on Y Arts.
Locally Produced WHYY-FM Programming
- Fresh Air with Terry Gross Although Fresh Air with Terry Gross has been categorized as a "talk show," it hardly fits the mold. Its Peabody Award citation credits Fresh Air with "probing questions, revelatory interviews and unusual insights." The show gives interviews as much time as needed and complements them with comments from well-known critics.
- NewsWorks Tonight NewsWorks Tonight showcases the best reporting and storytelling from WHYY's talented staff of journalists. It also features the work of NewsWorks partners such as NJ Spotlight, Technically Philly, the Public School Notebook, PlanPhilly and the Philadelphia Business Journal.
- Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane is a thought-provoking, engaging and timely program that tackles wide-ranging issues of concern to listeners in the Delaware Valley, across the nation and beyond.
- Skytalk Skytalk is a discussion of what's new and interesting in astronomy with Dr. Derrick Pitts and WHYY-FM's Dave Heller every Monday during Newsworks Tonight at 6 p.m.
- Voices in the Family Each week, Dr. Dan Gottlieb and guest experts are joined by thoughtful callers to discuss issues that affect individuals and society. The show covers the emotional and psychological implications of everything from children and religion to sexual abuse and the law, hate groups and sibling relationships.
- You Bet Your Garden An hour of "chemical-free horticultural hijinks," You Bet Your Garden offers fiercely organic advice to gardeners far and wide. Host Mike McGrath offers tips on fending off pests, caring for lawns and landscapes without losing your mind and growing without groaning in a range of tough conditions.
- Local News Breaks WHYY-FM also features local news breaks during All Things Considered and Morning Edition. These breaks keep you up to date on critical news where you live and work.
- WHYY.org Find out when local and national favorites are broadcast on WHYY-TV and WHYY-FM. Watch programs you might have missed on WHYY.org/video and listen to radio programs at WHYY.org and subscribe to podcasts. Explore events and membership benefits as well as career, internship and volunteer opportunities and more.
- NewsWorks.org NewsWorks.org is WHYY's expanded news and information Web service, featuring multimedia storytelling, participatory content, a network of content partners and a "hyperlocal" focus on Northwest Philadelphia. Explore Delaware and New Jersey coverage, health and science news, arts and culture content, blogs and more.