WHYY's programs, services and staff were honored with the following international, national and regional awards during fiscal year 2007:
PRNDI (Public Radio News Directors)
WHYY-FM Morning Edition, First Place, Best Morning Edition Newscast, Major Market Station.
2006 Magnum Opus Awards
Media Kit: Know WHYY, Best Media Kit Design
15th Annual National Mature Media Awards
Coming of Age interstitials, Gold Award: Total Marketing/Advertising Campaign
Experience, Best ���Television Story/Segment Local���
Mid-Atlantic Emmy Awards
- Nominated: Coming of Age interstitials, ���Health/ Science: Program Feature or Segment��� category.
- Nominated: Delaware Tonight���s coverage of the Delaware State of the State address, ���Special Event Coverage: Live��� category.
Bill Marrazzo, named one of the region���s top ���connectors���
2006 PBS Development Awards
On-Air Achievement, ���Certificate of Achievement���
The Chris Awards (The Film Council of Greater Columbus��� 54th Columbus International Film & Video Festival)
- Circle of Care: The Arts in Medicine, Certificate of Participation
- About Benjamin, Honorable Mention
Freddie Awards (International Health & Medical Media Awards)
Circle of Care: The Arts in Medicine, Finalist, ���Caregiving��� category
2006 March of Dimes AIR (Achievement in Radio) Awards
Childhood Lost and Found, ���Best One Time News Program���
Terry Gross, Radio Milestone Award
2006 MarCom Creative Awards
WHYY, It Matters campaign brochure, Platinum Award
2006 Cordon d'Or Awards
Gold Ribbon Culinary Academy Award, to Jim Coleman, host of A Chef���s Table on 91FM and Flavors of America on TV12.
Jim Coleman, host of the national weekly program
A Chef���s Table
2006-2007 IABC Heritage Awards
Regional Silver Quill Award of Excellence for the WHYY, It Matters campaign brochure. WHYY���s marketing and promotions team and the campaign team.
The American Women in Radio and Television (AWRT) Awards
Gracie Allen Award for the WHYY 91FM documentary Childhood Lost and Found (Maiken Scott, Writer/Host; Elisabeth Perez-Luna, Executive Producer).
2006 Communicator Awards
- Award of distinction for WHYY���s About Benjamin (Executive Producers: Trudi Brown and Kenneth Finkel; Michael O���Reilly, producer)
- Honorable mention for WHYY���s Circle Of Care series: Living with Alzheimer���s, Children with Special Needs and Caring for an Aging Parent (Executive Producer, Trudi Brown; Andrea Campell, Producer/Director).
Pennsylvania Association of Broadcasters
- Outstanding Television Website - TheNextMayor.com
- Outstanding Local Radio Newscast
WHYY���s Senior Web Producer Dan Pohlig with then Mayor-to-be Michael Nutter interviewed for The Next Mayor
Greater Philadelphia SPJs
- 1st place, The Next Mayor, Dan Pohlig and Paul Gluck, WHYY, and Wendy Warren and Jon Snyder, Philadelphia Daily News.
- 2nd place, Carving His Niche, Micheline Boudreau, Ann Ahl and Lyndsey Teague
- Arts and Culture Report, 1st place, Biggs Museum of American Art, Micheline Boudreau, Stephanie Aldrich and Lyndsey Teague
- 2nd place, Light Showers, Micheline Boudreau, Ann Ahl and Lyndsey Teague
- 3rd place, Making of Madonna, Micheline Boudreau, Ann Ahl and Lyndsey Teague
- Coverage of a Live Event, 1st place, State of the State Address, Micheline Boudreau, Rob Stewart and Lisa Shiner
- 2d place, Candidates for Delaware Attorney General Debate, Micheline Boudreau, Rob Stewart and Lisa Shiner
- Documentary, 2nd place, Childhood Lost and Found, Maiken Scott and Elisabeth Perez-Luna
- Newscast, 3rd place, Morning Edition, Brenda Jorett, Shai Ben-Yaacov, Scott Williams and Elisabeth Perez-Luna
- Election Coverage, 3rd place, Election Coverage, Staff, WHYY
Investigative Journalism, 2nd place, Violence in Philadelphia, Staff, WHYY
- Health/Science Report, 2nd place, Glass Blowers, John Sheehan, WHYY
- Talk Show-Interview, Radio Times, Marty Moss-Coane, Alan Tu, Susan Greenbaum and Devorah Lissek
- Arts and Culture Reporting, 1st place, Toynbee Tiles, Joel Rose, WHYY
PBS Communications Professional of the Year
Kerri Hanlon named PBS Communications Professional of the Year
Dr. Dan Gottlieb Honored by Enable
Dr. Dan Gottlieb was honored by Enable at their gala benefit at the Trenton County Club. Enable is devoted to supporting individuals with disabilities to live full and independent lives in the community.
Hermes Communicator Awards
Platinum Award in the "Blog" category for TheNextMayor.com - Dan Pohlig
Platinum Award in the "Media Relations/Media Response" category for the press response to Philly's Favorite Kids Show Hosts - Jeff Bundy
Gold Award in the "Video/Non-Profit Marketing" category for the News & Public Affairs Spot - Dave Mozeleski and Pat Warner
Honorable mention in the "Television Placement" category for the WHYY Children's Service 10! Show segments featuring Kerri Hanlon - Jeff Bundy