WHYY Press Room
Download this press release (MS Word document)
LIDIA'S ITALIAN-AMERICAN KITCHEN
600 Series Program Descriptions
Half-Hour Chicken Dinners
- Lidia shows viewers how to prepare delicious chicken dinners in a flash.
- Chicken Scallopine with Mushrooms and Marsala Wine
- Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes
- Egg-Battered Chicken Scallopine with Lemon Sauce
- Seared Sage-Marinated Breast of Chicken
- Learn the basics and beyond for preparing this alternative to pasta. Lidia is joined in the kitchen by her grandchildren.
- Potato Gnocchi
- "Drooling" Gnocchi
- Gnocchi with Pesto, Potatoes and String Beans
A Sicilian Menu
- Lidia visits the cuisine of the island of Sicily with her friend Fortunato Nicotra.
- Spaghetti with Capers and Anchovies
- Swordfish Skewers Glazed with Sweet and Sour Sauce
A Winter Dinner
- In the kitchen with Joe, Erminia and Giovanni, Lidia creates a cozy menu for a winter's night in the kitchen.
- Lentil and Broccoli Soup
- Rustic-Cut Roasted Lamb Shoulder
A Pasta Chronology
- Lidia leads us through three unique pasta preparations.
- Baked Stuffed Shells
- Garden Style Whole-Wheat Pasta
- Capellini Cooked in Red Mullet Stew
A Lesson in Risotto
- Learn how to prepare this classic Italian dish with Lidia's expert guidance.
- Plain Risotto
- Chicken and Mushroom Risotto
- Shrimp and Leek Risotto
Cooking with Bread
- Lidia shows us how to insert bread into delicious recipes.
- Potato, Swiss Chard and Bread Soup
- Broccoli di Rabe with Day-Old Bread
- Mazza Murru
Give it a Fry
- It's easier than you think to fry food at home, and Lidia shows us how.
- Deluxe 'Tricolore Salad'
- Mixed Fried Seafood
- Marinara Sauce, Spicy Version
Ribs, Italian-American Style
- Lidia shows us her Italian twist on an American favorite.
- Spare Ribs Roasted with Vinegar and Red Pepper
- Braised Kale with Bacon
- Roasted Root Vegetables
- Guest: Joe Bastianich
- Get creative with these three new pasta recipes.
- Buccatini with Chanterelles, Spring Peas and Prosciutto
- Mostaccioli with Fresh Basil and Mozzarella
- Spaghetti with Mushrooms, Garlic and Parsley
Bolognese, Two Ways
- With her son, Joe, in the kitchen, Lidia shows us two ways to prepare a classic dish.
- Fresh Egg Pasta/Pappardelle
- Meat Sauce Bolognese
Sunday Chicken Dinner
- Lidia offers two dishes that add up to a delicious Sunday dinner.
- Shells with Fennel and Shrimp
- Chicken Bites with Potato, Sausages and Vinegar
Light and Quick
- When there's no time to cook, try these quick options from Lidia.
- Fried Banana Peppers
- Shrimp in a Chunky Marinara Sauce, over Linguine over homemade 'Fregola'
- Chick Pea and Tuna Salad