- Clarion Awards
Circle of Love, Best Local TV Documentary
Experience, Best "Television Story/Segment Local"
- 2005 National Friends of Public Broadcasting Community Development Award
- 2005 News Media Award, The Aviation Council of Pennsylvania
- 53rd Columbus International Film & Video Festival
Experience: Pennsylvania Ballet, Honorable Mention
- PBS Development Awards
On-Air Achievement, Certificate of Achievement
- 2005 MarCom Creative Awards:
Happy Together, Gold Award, TV/Single Spot, WHYY Media Kit, Gold Award, Media Kit/Marketing/Promotion, WHYY-FM 50th Anniversary, Platinum Award, Special Event Plan.
- Philadelphia Business Journal Women of Distinction:
Nessa Forman, Molly Dickinson Shepard
- March of Dimes A.I.R. Award
Brenda Jorett, Best Newscast
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Emmy Award
Presidential Conversations on the Constitution, Outstanding Public Affairs Series. Paul Gluck and Ken Finkel, co-executive producers; Cokie Roberts, host; Mary Martin, producer; Pat Warner, editor; and Jerry Botner, graphic designer.
- 2005 Pepperpot Awards, Certificates of Achievement
91FM@50 Web site, WHYY Media Kit
- 2005 NJ IABC IRIS Awards
91FM@50 Web site, First Place, Electronic & Interactive Communications
- Delaware Valley Geriatrics Society, President's Award
Willo Carey, (this award has only been given once in the past 15 years).
- Communicator Awards 2005 Video Competition:
Presidential Conversations on the Constitution, Award of Distinction, Broadcast TV Documentary, WHYY-FM 50th Anniversary, Honorable Mention, Special Event.
- Communicator Awards 2006 Print Competition:
91FM@50 Web site, Award of Excellence, WHYY Media Kit, Award of Distinction
- 2006 National Headliner Awards
"Philadelphia Corruption Trial," Brad Linder, Third Place, Breaking News or Continuing Coverage of a Single News Event.
- James Beard Foundation Awards
A Chef's Table: Getting Ready for Thanksgiving, finalist
- PAPBA (Pennsylvania Associated Press News Awards Contest)
WHYY-FM Newscast: October 26, 2005, Brenda Jorett, reporter and host of Morning Edition; Shai Ben-Yaacov, production assistant; Scott Williams, engineer, First Place, Regularly Scheduled Newscast
- Pennsylvania Association of Broadcasters Awards for Excellence in Broadcasting
"About Benjamin," Best Television Documentary Program
- Delaware Press Association Awards
"Katrina Evacuees Come to Wilmington," Jamila Trindle, First Place, Prepared Report
"NCCo Base Safe," Rob Stewart, First Place, Interview
"Condo Fire," Patrick Mairs, First Place, On-the-Scene Report
"Delaware Responds to Hurricane Katrina," Micheline Boudreau, First Place, Best Newscast
"Delaware Goes to the Gulf," Patrick Mairs, Best Special TV program.
- 2006 Telly Awards
Hometown Legends: Ruth Patrick, Bronze Telly for outstanding achievement
Circle of Love, Bronze Telly for outstanding achievement
About Benjamin, Bronze Telly for outstanding achievement.
- PRNDI's (Public Radio News Directors Incorporated) 2006 Awards
Best Morning Edition Newscast.
- 2005 Excellence in Journalism Awards, Philadelphia Chapter, Society of Professional Journalists
News story, lst Place: Coverage of Biotechnology Conference, Susan Phillips, Aries Keck, Brad Linder and Dave Heller
Feature, 2nd Place: "Intelligent Design on Trial," Aries Keck
Investigative, lst Place: "Photographers Becoming Security Concerns," Joel Rose
Health & Science, 2nd Place: "Mousetrap Exhibit," Aries Keck
Sports, 1st Place: "Temple Football," Joel Rose
Arts & Culture, lst Place: "Sister Gertrude Morgan," Joel Rose
Arts & Culture, 3rd Place: "Girls DJ 101," Susan Phillips
News story, 1st Place: "On Dry Ground in Middletown," Jamila Trindle
News story, 2nd Place: "Special Hunt," Patrick Mairs
News story, 3rd Place: "Steckel Family Speaker," Patrick Mairs
Feature, 2nd Place: "Delaware Portrait in Time," Ann Ahl
Feature, 3rd Place: "Cajun Mike," Rob Stewart
Health/safety, 3rd Place: "Special Thanks," Patrick Mairs
Arts & Culture, 1st Place: "The Maestro," Rob Stewart
- 2006 Magnum Opus Awards
Media Kit: Know WHYY, Best Media Kit Design
- 15th Annual National Mature Media Awards
Coming of Age interstitials, Gold Award: Total Marketing/Advertising Campaign