WHYY-FM: Where you go to know
WHYY-FM can be heard on 90.9 in Philadelphia and in New Jersey on: 90.3, Cape May Court House; 89.9, Manahawkin; 89.7, Atlantic City; 89.3, Bridgeton; and 88.1, Berlin.
What's on now — Listen Live
Take two nationally respected rock critics, the latest music news, personal commentary, and exclusive interviews and performances, add a huge pile of records old and new, and the result is Sound Opinions--the world's only rock and roll talk show.
The latest from WHYY's radio programming
- U.S. economic update Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane — The United States economy entered 2015 with a strong start. The Labor Department reported that 252,000 jobs were added in December, helping to bring the jobless rate down to 5.6 percent, the lowest [...]
- Pope Francis and the Catholic Church Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane — Last week, Pope Francis traveled to Sri Lanka and the Philippines, which included visits to some of the areas hit hardest by the 2013 typhoon that struck the Philippines. He also delivered [...]
- What are teens learning about Civil Rights in school? Voices in the Family — According to a new study from the Southern Poverty Law Center, more than half of the states are doing a sub-par job of teaching about the civil rights history of America in public schools. Some states are teaching nothing at all, [...]
- Are persimmons pleasing or puckering? You Bet Your Garden — Are they a delicious fruit? Or an astringent annoyance only to be eaten under puckering protest? Mike McGrath, reveals the surprising truth behind the much-maligned persimmon.
- Beware of the belching black hole Skytalk — Chandra X-Ray satellite observes enormous eruption from our Milky Way Galaxy's black hole . This extreme outburst could be due to a close-passing asteroid being torn apart or magnetic field lines reconfigured and recombining. Astronomers refine their ability [...]
Listen: On Tour
Jerry Douglas is featured this week on On Tour. Elisabeth Perez Luna reports »