WHYY-FM: Where you go to know
WHYY-FM can be heard on 90.9 in Philadelphia and in New Jersey on: 90.3, Cape May Court House; 89.9, Manahawkin; 89.7, Atlantic City; 89.3, Bridgeton; and 88.1, Berlin.
What's on now — Listen Live
BBC World Service
The latest news and information from the world's most respected news source. BBC World Service delivers up-to-the-minute news, expert analysis, commentary, features and interviews.
The latest from WHYY's radio programming
- The future of Saudi Arabia and relations with the US Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane — Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah died last Friday. He has been succeeded by his 79 year-old half-brother, Salman, who, by many accounts, is ailing. President Obama is meeting with King Salman today to [...]
- The snow, the Ironworkers, and GOP presidential hopefuls Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane — We get an update on three stories in the news. We'll start off measuring the snow totals and talking about the challenges of weather predicting with JOHN BOLARIS of WeatherSavior.com. [...]
- The body keeps the score Voices in the Family — Dr. Bessel van der Kolk, a pioneer in trauma research and treatment, discusses his latest book, The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma. He'll explain the neurobiology of the traumatized brain and what treatments are most effective.
- Lets bust some myths about birds! You Bet Your Garden — Does peanut butter kill birds? And do they really explode if they eat rice thrown at a wedding? Mike McGrath looks into the best—and safest—ways to feed your feathered friends. Plus Mike speaks with St. Joseph's University Professor Karen Snetselaar about the Fungi in your landscape!
- Only the shadow knows Skytalk — Next Monday (2/2) is Groundhog Day! Halfway through Winter. SpaceX gets another one billion dollars in investments for newly proposed 4,000 satellite broadband plan. Venus and Mars still dominate the western sky right after sunset but over in the East [...]
Listen: On Tour
Coco Montoya is featured this week on On Tour. Elisabeth Perez Luna reports »