WHYY-FM: Where you go to know
WHYY-FM can be heard on 90.9 in Philadelphia and in New Jersey on: 90.3, Cape May Court House; 89.9, Manahawkin; 89.7, Atlantic City; 89.3, Bridgeton; and 88.1, Berlin.
What's on now — Listen Live
BBC World Update
Presented by Dan Damon, the program speaks to the people at the centre of events to hear first hand accounts, gets detailed analysis from experts and showcases the extensive network of BBC correspondents around the world.
The latest from WHYY's radio programming
- How Psychology can help make a Fairer Criminal Justice System Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane — We all have biases. But when police, prosecutors, jurors and judges bring their biases to work, the result is a criminal justice system that can be unfair and inequitable.
- Can a Rose be Two-Faced? You Bet Your Garden — How can a rose suddenly change color? Mike McGrath explains how a prized plant can present a very different face; and tell the battle-torn tale of the world’s most amazing rose.
- A Celebration of Dad Jokes Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane — In honor of Father’s Day, we devote this hour of Radio Times to the most groan-worthy, eye roll-inducing, and flat-out corny jokes that are so often told by dad.
- Glorious Lamp of Heaven Skytalk — Our region reached the maximum hours of daylight for the year yesterday. We lose two seconds today; a minute by the end of the week, and Sunday is the latest sunset.
- Understanding Male Bonds and Codes Voices in the Family — Bro-mances, buddy films –that’s the Hollywood picture of male friendship — but what do men really need to have an intimate relationship and lasting closeness?
Listen: On Tour
The Airborne Toxic Event is featured this week on On Tour. Elisabeth Perez Luna reports »