WHYY-FM: Where you go to know
WHYY-FM can be heard on 90.9 in Philadelphia and in New Jersey on: 90.3, Cape May Court House; 89.9, Manahawkin; 89.7, Atlantic City; 89.3, Bridgeton; and 88.1, Berlin.
What's on now — Listen Live
Fresh Air Weekend
Fresh Air opens the window on contemporary arts and issues with guests from worlds as diverse as literature and economics. Fresh Air Weekend collects the best segments from the week's programs and crafts them together for great weekend listening.
Listen » (For use with Real, iTunes, Quicktime, Winamp)
Listen with Windows Media Player » (may not work with all versions)
The latest from WHYY's original programming
- Remembering the Doughboys of WWI Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane — When we remember American veterans who served in war, we often forget of those who fought in the first World War. For over a decade, writer RICHARD RUBIN traveled across America searching for living veterans [...]
- The Genius of Dogs Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane — [REBROADCAST] If you've ever had a dog, chances are you've wondered what is going on in its head. Scientists have been thinking about this too, probing the canine mind to figure out just how smart dogs really are. [...]
- What does 'blight' really mean? You Bet Your Garden — Mike McGrath offers suggestions for deterring animal pests, growing tangy tomatoes, what to do with chickweed, how to rehome carpenter bees, getting rid of fire ants, a good bet for shaded hanging baskets, lawn care tips for late spring, and how to fight blight in your garden.
- Grit: Children succeeding with character Voices in the Family — How do we measure a child's success in school or socially? Plenty of attention is given to test scores and IQ. But there's something else many educators and psychologists say is just as important, and it's called grit. It's a character trait we either have or develop [...]
- Eclipse alert... but just barely Skytalk — The most minimal of penumbral lunar eclipses takes place Saturday night, though with clear skies, anyone can enjoy the nice May full moon. Look for Saturn east of the moon Wednesday night. Sunset triumvirate - Mercury, Jupiter, Venus are positioning themselves for a rare match-up.
Listen: On Canvas
Smash Palace performed at The Auction House in Audubon NJ and is featured this week on On Canvas. Elisabeth Perez Luna reports »