PREPARING FOR YOUR SUPER BOWL PARTY
*If you have 1 whole day to tackle this project, then certainly you can, but I am going to spread this out over 5 days.
Five days out from the Super Bowl...
- Put together a shopping list. Make your list and check it twice. Go shopping today because the grocery stores get extremely crowded days before the big game.
- Toasted Walnuts - Make toasted walnuts, let cool and throw into an airtight container. Good for up to 1 month.
- Shrimp Kabobs - Peel and devein the shrimp. Make the marinade and place in a ziplock bag along with the shrimp. Place in the freezer.
Four days out...
- BBQ Pulled Turkey - Marinate your turkey breast. Place in the refrigerator and marinate overnight.
- Mozzarella Sticks - Cut the mozzarella block into sticks and if the mozzarella gets soft, it is more difficult to slice so you may want to place in the freezer for 4 to 5 minutes just to firm up. After you have all the sticks, go ahead and bread them and place them on any kind of pan that will place in the freezer. Once frozen you can place into a ziplock bag. Must be frozen individually or they will stick together.
Three days out...
- BBQ Pulled Turkey - Remove turkey from marinade, cook the turkey breast, refrigerate.
- Beef Calzones and Mushroom Pizza - If you are making dough, go ahead and refrigerate pizza and calzone (if using store bought, please thaw out the day before)
- Hummus - Prepare the hummus.
Two days out...
BBQ Pulled Turkey - Shred the turkey breast and make the BBQ sauce.
Chicken Satay - Marinate the chicken and skewer them; refrigerate.
One day out...
Mozzarella Sticks - Make the tomato sauce for the mozzarella sticks.
Shrimp Kabobs - Day before the Super Bowl remove from the freezer and let thaw. Once thawed, remove from the marinade.
Beef Calzones - Make the beef mixture and get all the toppings ready.
Chicken Satay - Grill the chicken until just barely done and make the peanut sauce; refrigerate.
Hummus - Prepare the garnishes.
Mushroom Pizza - Prepare all the toppings.
Shrimp Kabobs - Skewer the shrimp and grill along with the chicken satay. Cook until about 90% done and then refrigerate.
Super Bowl Nachos - Cook the ground beef and prepare all condiments; refrigerate.
Three hours before Superbowl...
BBQ Pulled Turkey - Toss the turkey with the BBQ Sauce.
Beef Calzones - Put together the calzones and bake them as needed.
Chicken Satay - Remove chicken from refrigerator and bake at 325 degrees. Can reheat in batches throughout the game. Just heat these up as they are already cooked. Serve with peanut sauce.
Bowl up and garnish hummus.
Heat a large high-sided saucepan with about an inch of oil and heat until approx 375 degrees. Fry the mozzarella in batches, drain on paper towels. Place on a sheet pan and reheat until Mozzarella is hot. Serve with warm tomato sauce.
Make Mushroom Pizzas and cook when needed.
Shrimp Kabobs - Finish grilling like chicken satay - do not over cook as they will become tough.
Super Bowl Nachos - In a large baking dish, lay out chips and pile with meat and topping. Place in a 375 degree oven and when cheese is brown it is ready to serve.