Jim Coleman Recipes
Angela's Eat Your Greens Lasagna
1. Preheat oven to 375° degrees F.
2. Wash and chop the collard greens into 1-inch strips.
3. Heat the sauce in a large saucepan over medium-low heat until it begins to simmer.
4. Add the chopped collard greens, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until the collards become soft, about 15-20 minutes. Add spices, salt and pepper to taste.
5. In a medium saucepan, boil water and add the lasagna noodles. Return to boil and cook until they seem halfway done, about 5 minutes, then drain and rinse noodles in cold water.
6. Spray a 9"x13" baking dish with cooking spray. assemble one layer of noodles across the bottom.
7. Over the noodles, add 1/3 of the sauce/collard mixture, 1/3 of the shredded cheese, and ½ of the ricotta cheese.
8. Add another layer of noodles, sauce and cheeses.
9. Top with a third layer of noodles, and cover with the remaining sauce and shredded cheese.
10. Cover with aluminum foil, and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil, and
bake another 10-20 minutes until golden and bubbly.