Jim Coleman Recipes
Potatoes and Ramps
1. Place a layer of sliced potatoes in a buttered casserole dish (approximately 1 ½-quart), follow with a layer of ramps and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
2. Repeat layers, ending with potatoes.
3. Combine chicken broth and heavy cream; pour over potatoes and ramps.
4. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes, then top with grated cheese. Return to the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
Eggs, Potatoes and Ramps
1. Fry bacon in skillet.
2. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Cook the potatoes in bacon grease and let fry 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add the cut up ramps and continue frying until potatoes are well done.
5. Add the eggs and scramble till done.
6. Put previously fried bacon on top of the scrambled eggs & potatoes; let simmer for about 2 minutes.