Jim Coleman Recipes
Irish Beef Cobbler
For this recipe you will need:
1. Place the beef cubes in an ovenproof casserole.
2. Peel and cut the onion and carrot into medium dice.
3. Add the kidney beans, onion and carrot to the beef.
4. Pour in the beef stock, season with salt and pepper and cover the casserole.
5. Cook in a preheated 325°F oven for 2 ½ hours. Remove and turn the oven up to 450F.
6. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Mix in by hand the butter, stir in the herbs and mix to a soft dough with the milk.
7. Roll out on a floured board and cut into rounds.
8. Arrange dough on the casserole overlapping each disk around the edge.
9. Bake in the 450°F oven for about 8 minutes or until the crust has risen and turn golden brown.