Jim Coleman Recipes
Red Wine Risotto with Truffle Oil & Parmesan
Yield: Makes 6 servings
1. Bring the beef broth to simmer (if chilled, if room temp. then it will be OK) in medium saucepan. Cover and keep warm.
2. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat and add the onion and garlic. Cook a couple of minutes, add the rice and stir to coat.
3. Keep cooking until the onion is soft, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes, making sure not to brown the rice (by doing this you will release the starch and not have to stand over it and stir it during the whole cooking time).
4. Add warm broth 2 cups at a time, allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding next and keep stirring often until rice is tender but still firm to bite, about 20 minutes.
5. Add the wine, parsley, and chives. Stir until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Divide risotto among bowls. Drizzle the truffle oil around the risotto in each bowl and top with desired amount of grated Parmesan.