Jim Coleman Recipes
Abraham Lincoln's Scalloped Oysters
For this recipe you will need:
1. Mix melted butter and cracker crumbs together; sprinkle a third of mixture evenly on bottom of greased shallow baking dish.
2. Add a layer of half of the oysters.
3. Stir together the pepper, cream, reserved oyster liquid, sherry and Worcestershire; pour half of sauce mixture over oysters.
4. Add another third of the butter and crumb mixture to baking dish and top with remaining oysters.
5. Spoon or pour on remaining sauce.
6. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over the top and bake at 425° for 10 to 15 minutes or until crumbs are lightly browned. Serves 6.