Jim Coleman Recipes
Roquefort Crusted Beef Tenderloin with Caramelized Onion and Mixed Greens
For this recipe you will need:
1. Peel onions and slice into thin strips. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, sauté the onion in the olive oil until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
2. Wash and dry the greens and refrigerate.
3. In a small pot, combine wine and chicken stock. Simmer over low heat until reduced by ½. Add herbs and pepper. Let cool to room temperature.
4. In a food processor, combine cheese, breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley and black pepper. Pulse until well combined. Set aside.
5. Slice beef into ¾ ounce slices. Re-heat the onion sauté pan. Add 1 tablespoon Merlot. Add beef and sear quickly on one side then place on baking sheet. Top with Roquefort-crumb mixture and bake at 350° F until meat it at desired doneness.
6. Brown crust in broiler if desired. To serve, toss greens and onion with dressing. Mound the salad on a plate. Fan beef slices around the salad. Use additional wine sauce on beef.