Jim Coleman Recipes
For this recipe you will need:
1. Cut the angler fish into 4 - (6 oz) slices, sprinkle some salt to taste and flour it on both sides.
2. Soak the saffron in ¼ cup hot water.
3. Melt 2 oz butter and 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan on medium heat, when the butter is melted stir in the crushed garlic, place the fish in the pan and cook for 3 minutes, and add the saffron with the wine.
4. Cook 1 more minute and add the lemon juice and the capers then flip the fish over and finish in the oven at 400°F until just about done, depending on the thickness of fillets anywhere form 5 to 8 minutes.
5. Remove the fish and over high heat reduce the liquid by half.
6. Remove from the heat and melt in the rest of the butter.
7. Add the chopped tomatoes, olives and parsley. Stir and serve immediately.