Jim Coleman Recipes
Salmon and Leek Chowder
For this recipe you will need:
1. Bring clam juice and chicken broth to simmer in medium skillet.
2. Add salmon, cover and simmer until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
3. Transfer salmon to plate, reserve juice. Flake salmon into small pieces.
4. Cook bacon in large heavy saucepan over medium-low heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels.
5. Add butter, shallots and leeks to drippings in saucepan, saute 3 minutes. Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add potato and reserved clam juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until potato is tender, about 10 minutes.
7. Add milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until potato is tender.
8. Add more milk if necessary. Stir in chives, salmon and bacon, simmer until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.