Jim Coleman Recipes
My Grandma's Mac and Cheese from "Endangered Recipes" by Lari Robling
For this recipe you will need:
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9x17 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Cook macaroni according to package directions until just barely cooked, about 7 minutes.
3. Rinse, drain, and spread evenly in the prepared pan. Set aside.
4. In a medium saucepan, heat evaporated milk almost to boil. Remove from heat and add cheddar cheeses, stirring until melted. Add salt and pepper.
5. Pour cheese sauce over the macaroni and mix well. Mix together the bread crumbs and Asiago and spread over top of casserole. If desired, dot with butter.
6. Bake the casserole for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top is brown and cheese bubbles. Let set for five minutes before serving.
7. Serves 8 as a main dish, more for a side dish.