Jim Coleman Recipes
Pumpkin and Goat Cheese Croquetas
Courtesy Chef Andy Nusser Casa Mono and contributor to 1080 Recipes
For this recipe you will need:
* you may cheat and buy canned pumpkin puree
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cut the squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds, season and bake for 40 minutes,
3. Scoop out the flesh from the skin.
4. Puree pumpkin adding nutmeg and sugar
5. Strain out water from the pumpkin puree by twisting in a kitchen towel and cool in refrigerator.
6. Combine the goat cheese, sage leaves, vinegar in a bowl.
7. Roll goat cheese into marble size balls and refrigerate.
8. Take a walnut size amount of pumpkin puree and flatten it in your palm.
9. Place the goat cheese ball in the center and enclose in pumpkin mixture rolling into a smooth ball.
10. Bread finished balls with flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
11. Heat olive oil to 360.
12. Fry croquetas until golden. Season and serve immediately.