Jim Coleman Recipes
Frozen Chocolate Mousse
For this recipe you will need:
1. Place the ramekins in the freezer. Whip cream to a soft peak and refrigerate until needed.
2. Melt both chocolates over hot water, remove from heat and work in butter; set aside.
3. Combine egg whites and sugar in bowl of electric mixer; and place over pan of simmering water. Whisk gently until egg whites are hot and sugar is dissolved. Use an electric mixer to beat until cooled and increased in volume.
4. Quickly fold together chocolate mixture and meringue. Taste a spoonful to make sure the mixture is not any warmer than room temperature. If it is, let it cool for a few minutes before folding in the whipped cream or the cream will melt and separate.
5. Scrape choc. mixture in ramekin until 1/2 full. Add berries and fill to top with more chocolate mixture, smooth the top with an offset metal spatula. Freeze until firm.