Hurley's Health Tips
Jim Coleman Recipes
Mother's Day Shrimp & Raspberry Salad
For this recipe you will need:
- 12 ounces fresh asparagus spears
- The kernels from one fresh ear of corn
- 12 Belgium endive leaves
- 6 canned or frozen artichoke hearts, cut into quarters
- 12 sorrel leaves
- 1 pound peeled and de-veined shrimp, cooked and chilled
- 2 cups of fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup of raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoons of honey
To prepare this recipe:
Snap off and discard the woody part, the base of the asparagus. Cook the asparagus in boiling water for about 4 to 8 minutes, or until crispy and tender, then drain and cool immediately.
Blend vinegar with cilantro, honey and slowly whisk in olive oil until well combined. Take half of the dressing and toss it with the shrimp, raspberries, corn and artichoke hearts.
Arrange the greens and the asparagus on four (4) dinner plates and top with the corn and shrimp mixture and serve with the remaining dressing.