Hurley's Health Tips
Jim Coleman Recipes
Tarragon Egg and Potato Salad
For this recipe you will need:
- 1/3 pound new potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1-1/2 tablespoons finely chopped tarragon, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
To prepare this recipe:
In a large saucepan, over high heat, bring potatoes and enough water to cover to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 15-20 minutes. Drain potatoes, let cool to room temperature.
Make the egg salad:
Cover eggs with cold water by 1 inch in a 2-quart heavy saucepan and bring to a rolling boil, partially covered. Reduce heat to low and cook eggs, covered completely, 30 seconds. Remove pan from heat and let eggs stand in hot water, covered, 15 minutes. Transfer eggs with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice and cold water and let stand 5 minutes to cool. Peel eggs and coarsely chop.
Stir together eggs and remaining salad ingredients in a bowl with a wooden spoon, until well combined.