Hurley's Health Tips
Jim Coleman Recipes
Summer Chicken Satay
For this recipe you will need:
- 1 pound chicken breast, skinned, boned cut crosswise into ½-inch strips
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ stalk lemon grass, minced
- 1 slice ginger, cut across the grain about ½-inch think
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ tablespoon palm sugar (you can use regular soft brown sugar)
- ½ tablespoon tamarind juice
- ½ tablespoon sweet soy sauce (available at Oriental Markets)
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- Satay sticks - bamboo skewers, soaked in cold water for 1 hour
To prepare this recipe:
Mix together shallots, garlic, lemon grass and turmeric powder, almost into a fine paste. Add palm sugar, tamarind juice, coconut milk and soy sauce. Mix well.
In a bowl, combine mixture with chicken. Mix well. Marinate for 2 hours.
Thread 1 piece of chicken onto each Satay stick.
Grill on medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side.