Irish Soda Bread
For this recipe you will need:
2 cups all purpose flour
To prepare this recipe:
1. Sift the flours, baking powder and baking soda.
2. Stir in currants and carroway seeds.
3. Add buttermilk slowly until mixture forms a dough
4. Knead the dough on a well floured surface for 1-2 minutes. Split the dough in half. Form each half into a round loaf.
5. Place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
6. Cut an iXi 1/2 inch thick on the top of each loaf.
7. Bake in a preheated 350()() oven for 50 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
8. Cool on racks.