Hurley's Health Tips
Jim Coleman Recipes
Grand Marnier Cake
For this recipe you will need:
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
3 egg yolks
1 tbsp. Grand Marnier
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp. Baking soda
1 1/4 cup sour cream
zest from 1 orange
1 cup walnut pieces
3 egg whites
To prepare this recipe:
1. In a mixer cream together the butter and the sugar.
2. Beat in the egg yolks, one at a time.
3. Add Grand Marnier.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, and baking soda.
5. Add the flour to the butter, alternating with the sour cream and mix until smooth.
6. Stir or mix in orange zest and walnuts.
7. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold into the batter.
8. Pour batter into greased 9" pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until done.
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup orange juice
1/3 cup Grand Marnier
1/3 cup sliced almonds
1. Combine the sugar, orange juice and Grand Marnier.
2. Pour over hot cake while in the pan.
3. Sprinkle with the almonds and let cake cool before removing the pan.