funding for Been There/Done That is provided by The Atlantic Philanthropies
with additional funding by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
This Week on Been There/Done That...
The Magic Show
Host Marty Goldensohn takes us on a magical mystery tour. We experience dazzling tricks at "Monday Night Magic," an all-star magician's revue. We experience sleight-of-hand---on the radio! We hear the mesmerizing radio theater of writer and producer,Tom Lopez of ZBS Foundation; explore the roots of the African-American conjuring tradition; and deconstruct the alchemy of falling in love. Plus, the miracles to making stains vanish and the scams of con artists that make your money disappear. Poof! All that and more in this edition of Been There / Done That.
Links of the Week:
- "Monday Night Magic" is a weekly, magic show in New York City.
- The radio dramas of Tom Lopez, ZBS Foundation, can be found at www.zbs.org.
- Susan Grant is the director of the National Fraud Information Center at the National Consumers League.
- Helen Fisher is the author of "Why We Love: The Nature and Chemistry of Romantic Love." She's also Research Professor and member of the Center for Human Evolutionary Studies in the Department of Anthropology at Rutgers University.
- Yvonne Chireau wrote Black Magic, Religion and the African American Conjuring Tradition. She's also a Religion professor at Swarthmore College.
- Virginia Friedman, along with Melissa Wagner and Nancy Armstrong, wrote Field Guide to Stains: How To Identify and Remove Virtually Every Stain Known to Man. Visit Quirk Books.
You can reach us at:
215-351-2073 or BTDT@whyy.org