WHYY-FM: Where you go to know
WHYY-FM can be heard on 90.9 in Philadelphia and in New Jersey on: 90.3, Cape May Court House; 89.9, Manahawkin; 89.7, Atlantic City; 89.3, Bridgeton; and 88.1, Berlin.
What's on now — Listen Live
In-depth analysis and commentary on today's biggest news stories as only the BBC can deliver. BBC "Newshour" covers everything from the growth of democracy to the threat of terrorism with a fresh, clear perspective from across the globe.
Listen » (For use with Real, iTunes, Quicktime, Winamp)
Listen with Windows Media Player » (may not work with all versions)
The latest from WHYY's radio programming
- WHYY's holiday programming schedule Season's greetings! Celebrate the season with classic holiday radio programs including Chanukah in Story and Song, A Paul Winter Solstice Concert, Tinsel Tales: NPR Christmas Favorites, Toast of the Nation and more.
- Is a corporation a person and can it be religious? Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane — Can a company have religious beliefs or is religion only for people? That's the issue at the core of two cases the Supreme Court will hear this spring in response to the [...]
- Local work in prosthetic development and amputee rehabilitation Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane — "Better... faster... stronger" are the unrelenting tenets of the technological race. Some recent developments in the prosthetics field seem like science fiction – researchers are connecting cognitive and motor function, and [...]
- Children of alcoholics Voices in the Family — We know that children of alcoholics are four times as likely to develop substance abuse problems than other children, and they're at risk for depression, anxiety disorders, parental abuse, and neglect. But dealing with the issue early in life could make things vastly better.
- Don't put that mower away just yet! You Bet Your Garden — Mike explains how to contain English ivy organically, what types of clover you can plant to attract deer, how to get rid of grubs in your soil and how to prune your fig tree. Plus: Mike speaks with Professor Karen Snetselaar about invasive plants in sustainable landscapes.
- Venus and friends on display Skytalk — Venus is VERY bright after sunset; at its brightest for the year tomorrow. Don't miss it. Nothing is ever this bright. Also great month to get a sense of what Jupiter looks like - rises by 7 p.m. and is up all night. Highest at midnight. Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars all easily visible at 6 on a clear morning.
Listen: On Canvas
Al Stewart is featured this week on On Canvas. Elisabeth Perez Luna reports »