WHYY-FM: Where you go to know
WHYY-FM can be heard on 90.9 in Philadelphia and in New Jersey on: 90.3, Cape May Court House; 89.9, Manahawkin; 89.7, Atlantic City; 89.3, Bridgeton; and 88.1, Berlin.
What's on now — Listen Live
In-depth analysis and commentary on today's biggest news stories as only the BBC can deliver. BBC "Newshour" covers everything from the growth of democracy to the threat of terrorism with a fresh, clear perspective from across the globe.
The latest from WHYY's radio programming
- The evolving terrorism threat: Al Qaeda to ISIS Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane — Tonight, on the eve of the 13th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, President Obama will lay out his strategy to combat the Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria. According to [...]
- Ultimate Frisbee In Philadelphia and the Philadelphia Area Disc League (PADA) Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane — Over the past 40 years, ultimate frisbee has grown from a sport played by a few high school students in New Jersey to a sport played around the world. Here [...]
- When did we get so old? Voices in the Family — Inspired by a New York Times article of the same name, written by Michele Willens, the conversation in Voices in the Family focuses on th mental preparedness (or lack thereof) for aging. For boomers, the "what, me, get old?" generation, denial of aging is an important and difficult issue to tackle.
- Let dragonflies eat your mosquitoes You Bet Your Garden — Dragonflies are voracious predators of mosquitoes and other airborne annoyances. Mike McGrath reveals an easy way to coax these beauties into eating your pestiferous problems! Plus: Mike speaks with the co-founder of Mole Zap/Ant Zap about a new cure for moles.
- Hooray for the Harvest Moon! Skytalk — Wednesday's full moon is this year's Harvest Moon - way out ahead of Autumnal Equinox by 14 days. Next is Hunters' Moon in October. Jupiter and Venus still have the pre-dawn sky in the East; Mars and Saturn still have the evening sky in the Southwest.
Listen: On Canvas
Livingston Taylor is featured this week on On Canvas. Elisabeth Perez Luna reports »