WHYY-FM: Where you go to know
WHYY-FM can be heard on 90.9 in Philadelphia and in New Jersey on: 90.3, Cape May Court House; 89.9, Manahawkin; 89.7, Atlantic City; 89.3, Bridgeton; and 88.1, Berlin.
WHYY brings you special coverage of the 2016 elections. View the schedule »
What's on now — Listen Live
A Prairie Home Companion
Live every Saturday night, A Prairie Home Companion features comedy sketches, music and Garrison Keillor's signature monologue, "The News from Lake Wobegon."
The latest from WHYY's radio programming
- EARTH orbit – 365 days, 2MASS J2126 orbit – 328,500,000 days Skytalk — Astronomers have found a gas-giant exoplanet named 2MASS J2126 that orbits about 600 billion miles out from it's star, meaning the alien world completes one orbit every 900,000 years or so.
- What happened in Iowa? Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane — We discuss the results, what led up to the votes going the way that they did, and what are the implications for the remainder of the campaign.
- The Zika virus outbreak Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane — The Zika virus is spreading “explosively” the WHO said last week, announcing they would convene an emergency meeting to figure out how to slow transmission.
- An Intergenerational Look at Behavioral Health Voices in the Family — In this first of Dr. Dan’s Voices in the Family specials, he brings two young psychiatric residents together with their academic advisor.
- Prevent sap beetles from invading your garden You Bet Your Garden — A little pest called the sap beetle is often found feeding on ripening fruits. Mike McGrath will reveal how you can prevent the problems that attract these and other 'opportunistic insects'.
Listen: On Tour
Brett Dennen is featured this week on On Tour. Elisabeth Perez Luna reports »